- This event has passed.
Evolution of the U.S. Natural Gas Market & Evolution of Regulation and Markets for Energy
March 18 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm| Free
Dr. Ted Kury is director of Energy Studies for the Public Utility Research Center (PURC) at the University of Florida. He is responsible for promoting research and outreach activities in energy regulation and policy. He develops research strategies that inform the academic community and practitioners on emerging issues and best practices and serves as an expert resource for regulatory professionals, policymakers, and service providers in Florida and around the world.
Dr. Mark Jamison is the director of the Public Utility Research Center (PURC) at the University of Florida and also serves as its director of Telecommunications Studies. He provides international training and research on business and government policy, focusing primarily on utilities and network industries. He co-directs the PURC/World Bank International Training Program on Utility Regulation and Strategy.
Evolution of the U.S. Natural Gas Market
- Pre-1980s vertical integration – the role of exploration, drilling, processing, transportation, delivery, and regulation
- 1985 FERC Order 436 – voluntary unbundling of transportation and who complied
- 1992 FERC Order 636 – mandatory unbundling of transportation and the establishment of new consumer services
- New roles for producers, transporters, marketers, LDCs, and regulators
- Transition issues in reform: long term gas supply contracts and other pre-existing arrangements
- International patterns for the development of regulation
- U.S. case of regulatory development
- Development of regulatory institutions
- The relationship of regulation and markets
Starting time of the Webinar;
Tuesday, March 18, 2014 9:00 am Central Daylight Time (Chicago, GMT-05:00)
Tuesday, March 18, 2014 10:00 am Florida Time (Florida, GMT-04:00)
Tuesday, March 18, 2014 2:00 pm GMT Time (London, GMT)
Tuesday, March 18, 2014 4:00 pm Istanbul Time (Istanbul, GMT+02:00)
Tuesday, March 18, 2014 10:00 pm Singapore Time (Singapore, GMT+08:00)