- This event has passed.
July 18, 2013 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm| Free
by Peter van der Gaag
Peter van der Gaag (1951) is born in Rotterdam and has a long history in the field of technology and innovation.
Graduated in technical geology and owner of Holland Innovation Team (founded in 1984) he tries to convince the oil and gas world to consider more sustainable options. HIT has pioneered enhanced oil and gas recovery, new methods of water winning and new concepts in enhanced geothermal engineering. HIT is owner of several patents amongst others in chemistry www.hollandinnovationteam.nl
From 2006 HIT is concentrating upon production of Bio-LNG, known as the cleanest and cheapest bio fuel without competition with food. ( www.bio-lng.info ). Bio-LNG is the first bio fuel which is of better quality than its fossil counterpart. Holland Innovation Team is currently building a Bio-LNG production, distribution and storage chain.
With VEKA – the builder of the Pioneer Knutsen small scale LNG tanker and distribution vessels will be developed. With Nobel & Zn bunkering services, a (bio) LNG terminal will be built in the next two years near Rotterdam. With Chive Fuels , Anglo Dutch Liquid Methane is founded.
With Fracrite from Canada a new company GroundControl is established, which has developed a new concept to produce Bio-LNG from landfills. With 8 shareholders, construction of a 100 ton per day bio-LNG plant is planned in the Netherlands.
Biomethane is a sustainable fuel and the green alternative for fossil fuel of diesel. Biomethane is created after cleaning crude biogas that is recovered at rubbish dumps (landfill gas) or as a result of fermenting biomass such as leftovers from the food industry, organic waste, dung and sewage sludge.Bio-LNG is delivered in liquid form and dispensed either as liquefied or compressed gas.
Key benefits of Bio-LNG:
- Cheaper than diesel
- Reduces the pollution and global warming impact of vehicles more than any other commercially available fuel
- Renewable supply is effectively inexhaustible and conforms to all criteria set by the Renewable Energy Directive
- Proven engine noise reduction
- Robust supply chain, providing both security and resilience
- Has a constant and better quality than fossil LNG
- Much cheaper than bioethanol and biodiesel per energy unit
- Much better carbon footprint than fossil LNG
- Can be used to fulfil the EU obligation of 5% blending of biofuels easily (RED obligation)
- Has the same or even better performance in engines (even in planes) including strong noise reduction
|Central Daylight Time (Chicago, GMT-05:00)||Thursday, July 18, 2013 8:00 am|
|GMT Summer Time (London, GMT+01:00)||Thursday, July 18, 2013 2:00 pm|
|Eastern Europe Summer Time (Istanbul, GMT+03:00)||Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:00 pm|
|China Time (Beijing, GMT+08:00)||Thursday, July 18, 2013 9:00 pm|